- Due to the overlap of Elmsett ATZ with Wattisham MATZ, plan to join via Raydon or Copdock VRPs not above 800ft agl, unless otherwise instructed.
- Contact Wattisham Approach 125.8 when at least 15 nm from Wattisham MATZ and obtain clearance. (If unable to establish radio contact with Wattisham, make blind calls as per standard RT procedure on 125.8).
- Route not above 800ft agl via VRPs at Raydon disused airfield, or Copdock Junction of A12 and A14 main dual carriageway roads.
- Remain VFR at or below 800ft agl within the Wattisham MATZ.
- From Raydon VRP, pilots should route onto right base for 05 (around the town of Hadleigh), or onto downwind leg for 23.
- From Copdock VRP, join downwind for 05, or base leg via Sub Station (2nm on track 330°M from Copdock VRP) for 23.
GPS joining co-ordinates
The co-ordinates below use the WGS84 datum, and are provided for information only.
|N52°04.532 E000°58.688||(EGST) Aerodrome reference point (runway midpoint)|
|N52°06.033 E001°01.333||(23M2) 2nm on extended centerline from 23 threshold|
|N52°03.036 E000°56.031||(05M2) 2nm on extended centerline from 05 threshold|
|N52°01.000 E001°00.000||(RAYDN) Raydon disused airfield (VRP)|
|N52°02.203 E001°05.918||(COPDK) Copdock interchange (VRP)|
|N52°04.183 E001°03.916||(SUBST) Electricity sub-station|