No Noise Abatement!
On event days, noise abatement procedures are waived, and normal sized circuits and patterns/procedures are used.
Note: Non-radio aircraft are not accepted on event days.
Event day traffic arrivals should follow a standard overhead join (2000ft QFE) and standard sized circuit pattern (23 Left Hand, 05 Right Hand, 800ft QFE) at all times except during the specified periods below.
Brunch patrol arrivals 11:00L - 11:30L
Normal traffic arrivals not taking part in this competition must join the circuit direct onto downwind at 800ft QFE, and must not perform overhead joins during this time period.
For Brunch Patrol competition participating pilots: the objective is to arrive overhead Elmsett Airfield at 1500ft QNH, and announce this fact to Elmsett Radio without being spotted by the Elmsett defences before doing so. You must abide by the following procedure for safety reasons:
- Contact Wattisham Approach on 125.8 for clearance, or if unable to establish contact with ATC, transmit blind through the Wattisham MATZ (but do not fly in the Wattisham ATZ - see note below), and arrive overhead Elmsett Airfield at 1500ft QNH.
- At Elmsett overhead (1500ft QNH), call Elmsett Radio (118.975) "G-XXXX Overhead for an Elmsett free brunch" and proceed to join the Elmsett circuit at 800ft QFE by descending (close) dead side.
- If our defences communicate your registration to Elmsett before you call overhead - then you've failed! (By the way - don't try to call overhead when you're not - we'll have people on the ground verifying you really are overhead as you call)!
- Our defences will be operating on Elmsett Radio 118.975, and will not be listening to Wattisham Approach (125.8) to make it fair, so please make sure you still make necessary radio calls (for safety) on the inbound sector to Wattisham Approach (125.8).
- Keep a good lookout! Our defence aircraft may well come close to you because their objective is to get your registration and pass it to Elmsett before you call overhead! You may well find yourself being manoeuvred around at close range as a result. Please take some comfort in the fact that all the defending pilots are briefed, highly experienced and safety conscious - so please don't be worried!
- On arrival, report to "C" in the normal way and you'll get your free brunch voucher - if you've made it through without being spotted!
Elmsett resides within the Wattisham MATZ so blind calls to Wattisham must be made on approaching and whilst inside the MATZ, but outside the Elmsett ATZ. On no account must Wattisham ATZ be penetrated below 3,300ft agl due to gliding via winch cables.
Competitions 11:30L - 17:00L
Spot Landing and Flour Bombing competitions will be available for entry by any aircraft and pilot after receiving a full brief (CAA requirement).
Further details are available from "C" on landing.